Aginflation: wheat prices have just reached multi-year record levels.
And the unthinkable happens: tomorrow, September 13, Italians will boycott pastas, no spaghetti, fettucine, farfalle or rigatoni in Italy, as the country goes on its first-ever pasta strike.
"Angry Italians are downing their forks in response to a 30 per cent price rise in the nation's favourite food, along with steep rises in the price of coffee, mozzarella, bread, biscuits and schoolbooks."
A coffee strike is also planned.
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Posted by The Shocked Investor at 12:27 PM
- ► 2011 (510)
- ► 2010 (1051)
- ► 2009 (843)
- ► 2008 (59)
- ABCP Bailout Plan in Trouble
- 200 Baffinland Iron Mines Workers Almost Without W...
- On The Collapse of CDOs and ABCPs
- Coventree Slashing Workforce By 30%
- Has the DJIA Really Risen 7% in 2007?
- Tougher Rules on ABCP Rating
- Record Wheat Prices Force Italians to Boycott Spag...
- Just 50 Cool Yachts Are Needed to Reduce Global Ca...
- Aginflation, Food and Agriculture Inflation
- Red Corp CEO Blasts ABCP Process. A Matter of Lead...
- $140B in commercial paper due by the end of next w...
- Holders of the"Bailed-Out" ABCP Could Lose 50%
- ▼ September (12)