With today's drop, natural gas is definitely on the radar screen for short trades.
Natural gas futures are again reaching a 2 handle. Here's the 1-year chart:
Potential UNG September straddles:
UNG current price: $12.27
September 12 call: $1.00
September 13 call: $0.60
September 12 put: $0.75
I have made about 7 consecutive profitable trades on natural gas, all of them going short on spikes during the summer (mainly using UNG puts and HND.to). Fundamentally, there is no reason for prices to go up. However, now it's hurricane season and high volatility is expected. Spikes are great for trading.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Posted by The Shocked Investor at 10:23 AM
- ► 2011 (510)
- ► 2010 (1051)
- Natural Gas Production Still Increasing
- US Open, a Money-Making Machine: $450M for New Yor...
- S&P500: The Top 20 Stocks to Sell
- Timothy Geithner Digged
- The Latest Top Bank Failures in The U.S.
- Natural Gas Report: Storage Overflow Likely in Oct...
- Iron Ore: Tata Steel Says Global Slowdown Continue...
- The GDP Q2 1% Drop: Fact, Fiction, or Spin?
- Quantitative Easing Coming Near You: the Devaluati...
- Berinyi vs Roubini: Damned if They Do, Damned if T...
- Gas.to Straddles for October and November
- Advisory Warning: Natural Gas to Fall Below $1
- Bernanke Says He Saved the World, But Millions Go ...
- S&P500 vs SPY: Beware, Two Different Measures
- The Fed Loses Case and Must Disclose Who It Loaned...
- S&P500 Report: 132 Overbought, Only 1 Oversold
- Quest Uranium, Ring of Fire
- The Illusion of Market Gains in the U.S.
- Natural Gas: UNG vs Gas.to
- Natural Gas Weekly Report Aug. 20: Situation Remai...
- SEC Warns Against Leveraged ETFs: Where Have They ...
- Index ETF, Oil, and Natural Gas Options and Stradd...
- Why Canadian Banks Did Better in the 2008 Financia...
- StraddlesCalc Tool is Online, UCO and UNG Straddle...
- Naural Gas: Gas.to October and December Options ar...
- Natural Gas on the Radar Screen
- Natural Gas and Hurricanes
- S&P500 Report: 59 Overbought, 15 Oversold
- Top 20 Stocks to Short in the S&P500 by RS7 and RS...
- Natural Gas Report: 10 Weeks to Overflow
- EWZ Vastly Outperforming SPX: +72% vs +10%
- Currencies: The Crash of the USD, USD Down 35% YTD...
- S&P500 P/E is Now 47.50
- S&P500 RSI Report: 192 Overbought Companies, Only ...
- ▼ August (34)
- ► 2008 (59)