Uranium and nuclear companies companies stocks have been extremely volatile in recent days.
2 days ago the daily performances (middle colored column) were a sea of red:
Yesterday it was quite different, many red and several bright greens::
Buy or Sell?
We computed the RSI values of the nuclear stocks and ETfs we track (see tracking live site here). Relative strength indicators provide a good measure of whether a stock is oversold or overbought. This does not look into company fundamentals. If the situation in Japan deteriorates, obviously there will be consequences on these stocks.
Short term (ordered by RSI daily):
Quite interestingly, in the short term the most oversold stocks and ETFs are NLR and U.TO, followed very closely by UUU.to (Uranium One), and PKN, all deeply oversold.
- NLR (click on links to receive buy.sell alerts and TA) is a Market vectors nuclear companies ETF.
- U.to track the uranium commodity itsef.
- UUU.to, Uranium One is a uranium explorer and producer acting in Kazakhstan, the United States, Australia and Canada.
- PKN is a proShares global nuclear ETF..
- ETR, Entergy Corporation (electric power production and distribution)
- KEP, Korea Electric Power (utility)
- USU, USEC, (uranium supplier)
- EXC, Excelon Corp (utility)