The night with the bears in Toronto was covered live over Twitter by the Globe and Mail. Twitter is a fabulous tool that has many business uses.
The event was also for chocolate lovers. Sprott have all attendees a chocolate bar with the words Sprott Gold Bullion Fund written across the gold wrapping. SAM's new fund's launched investment objective "is to seek to provide a secure, convenient alternative for investors seeking to hold gold".
Roubini pays no attention to those who argue inflation will return. He says the collapse of global demand, the continuing growth in global supply means that prices and labour costs have nowhere to go except lower. "Deflation is the story we will have to worry about," he said.
Some Twitter highlights:
Reporter asks if Roubini is ever happy with life in general. He says yes, and then glares at reporter.
Sprott sees economy bottoming in 10 to 20 years.
Whitney: banking system sounded fabulous when she started career. But, not so much now.
Whitney: shadow banks! Trillions in loans! And that's saying nothing about credit cards. To get out - break market share of 5 big lenders.
Whitney: you will see credit ripped out of people's wallets. 10 million more will lose homes.
Whitney: Credit card $4.2 trillion outstanding. If you cut credit, it is a pay cut. Everyone this room will have credit reduced. Bearish!
Roubini: forget v recovery. Maybe a U. Or an L. Only thing certain - optimists are knuckleheads
Roubini: only thing not collapsing is government spending.
Roubini: this a bear market rally. Market has predicted six of the last zero recoveries, he says.
Roubini: half of hedge funds go bust by next year.
Roubini jokes about light at end of tunnel... And hopefully it is not the train (har har)
Gordon: Depression! Depression! Also, this is a depression.
Gordon has called for so many things to collapse
Summary: everything will collapse. Everything!
There we go: Gordon calls for Dow 1000, says to buy gold.
Sprott: I don't know if I can take any more of this. His good news: after QA, bar will be open.
Sprott: capital ratios aren't worth anything. Ignore that noise. It is not a depression, it is a collapse.
Sprott: derivatives will melt the system.
Sprott: how to survive. Short market. Buy bullion. Look at agriculture.
Roubini would buy china etf. Gordon buy japan. Sprott south africa. Whitney says any mineral rich, politcally stable country.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Posted by The Shocked Investor at 8:25 AM
- ► 2011 (510)
- ► 2010 (1051)
- Performance of HAX Actively Managed ETF
- Earnings Straddles Update
- FAS FAZ Banging Again
- US GDP Q1 2009 Is Just an Advanced Release, to be ...
- Under Armour Shares Rise on Earnings
- S&P500 Most Oversold and Most Overbought Companies...
- Daily MultiPeriod Performance of Leveraged ETFs
- FAS-FAZ Eclipse Update
- Straddles Update April 24
- Stock Paired Performance Tool Released
- The Next FAS-FAZ Eclipse
- Zenn Motor Update (ZNN), EEstor Announces Results...
- Straddles April 23, Amazon
- Natural Gas Inventories
- S&P500 Most Overbought and Most Oversold Companies...
- World GDP Growth for 2009 and 2010
- Leveraged ETFs Performance Since Inception
- Straddles Update April 21
- US Treasury on The Bank Stress Tests
- S&P 500 Most Oversold and Overbought Stocks, April...
- Straddles Update
- UCO Straddles for May
- The Citibank Arbitrage: Extreme Number of Options ...
- Straddles for The Week April 20-24 (Optimal Sizing...
- S&P 500 Most Oversold and Overbought Stocks By RSI...
- The Great FAS and FAZ Loss
- Dennis Gartman on BNN: Short Gold
- Earnings Calendar for the Week April 20 to April 2...
- New Citibank Straddles
- S&P 500 PE Tracker
- USO Rollover Report for April
- Cheapest Stocks in the S&P 500 by P/E
- Citibank Straddles and Strangles
- UCO Down Sharply , USO Rollover Ends today, Stradd...
- GM and The Easter Bunny
- Straddles for the Week April 13 - April 17 (optima...
- Natural Gas Inventories Touching 5 year Top of Cha...
- Upcoming Earnings Straddles
- A Night With The Bears - Part II, Roubini says No ...
- A Night With the Bears
- Performance of XLF vs SKF, UYG, FAS, FAZ
- Stock Correlation Tool Released
- USO Rollover
- Alcoa Strangle
- Gold and Silver Straddles Update
- Straddles for the Week April 5-April 9
- Brazil Will Loan To the IMF
- UCO Straddles April 2
- Natural Gas Update
- USO Rollover for April
- FAS FAZ Live Loss-O-Meter
- Quotes from Mark Carney
- Performance of Direxion Leveraged ETFs
- ▼ April (53)
- ► 2008 (59)