I commented about Zenn Motor back in June 27 2008. The stock is 46% up today on news associated to EEstor. The stock is now slightly higher than what it was in June, but the post was before the stock market collapse. Stock is up +100% since April 16.
"These cars may soon (calendar year 2008 according to its CEO on a recent BNN interview) be powered by a new type of battery, one that can be recharged in minutes and allow 400Km of travel in one charge, and whose batteries are significantly lighter too (10% of the traditional lead battery weight)."
I also mentioned that "In the next several weeks, a privately-held and ultra-secretive company named EEStor Inc. will release the results of independent third-party testing of its electrical energy storage". EEstor has announced some results that are very good.
Here is news from MarketWire:
"Apr 22, 2009 18:00 ETZENN Motor Company's Strategic Partner, EEStor, Inc., Announces Permittivity Results
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - April 22, 2009) - ZENN Motor Company ("ZMC") (TSX VENTURE:ZNN) a leading developer of zero emission transportation solutions, is pleased to confirm that its energy storage partner, EEStor, Inc., issued a press release today announcing permittivity results of the manufacturing-grade chemicals to be used in their Electrical Energy Storage Unit (EESU).
Austin-based EEStor, Inc. disclosed that it has exceeded expectations on the key milestone of permittivity testing, notably the attainment of a relative permittivity of at least 22,500 for its patented and patent-pending Composition Modified Barium-Titanate Powders, the key material in their energy storage technology. ZENN Motor Company is currently reviewing the results as it relates to its Technology Agreement with EEStor.
"The permittivity results as indicated are beyond the specifications outlined in our technology agreement which is extremely encouraging," stated Michael Bergeron, VP of Engineering, ZENN Motor Company. "We will review these results and expect to announce our findings as soon as they are available."
"EEStor's announcement reveals continued progress in developing their Electrical Energy Storage Unit," said Ian Clifford, Chief Executive Officer of ZENN Motor Company. "We remain focused on fulfilling our cityZENN and ZENNergyTM drivetrain programs, the first implementations of EEStor's EESU."
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Posted by The Shocked Investor at 3:07 PM
- ► 2011 (510)
- ► 2010 (1051)
- Performance of HAX Actively Managed ETF
- Earnings Straddles Update
- FAS FAZ Banging Again
- US GDP Q1 2009 Is Just an Advanced Release, to be ...
- Under Armour Shares Rise on Earnings
- S&P500 Most Oversold and Most Overbought Companies...
- Daily MultiPeriod Performance of Leveraged ETFs
- FAS-FAZ Eclipse Update
- Straddles Update April 24
- Stock Paired Performance Tool Released
- The Next FAS-FAZ Eclipse
- Zenn Motor Update (ZNN), EEstor Announces Results...
- Straddles April 23, Amazon
- Natural Gas Inventories
- S&P500 Most Overbought and Most Oversold Companies...
- World GDP Growth for 2009 and 2010
- Leveraged ETFs Performance Since Inception
- Straddles Update April 21
- US Treasury on The Bank Stress Tests
- S&P 500 Most Oversold and Overbought Stocks, April...
- Straddles Update
- UCO Straddles for May
- The Citibank Arbitrage: Extreme Number of Options ...
- Straddles for The Week April 20-24 (Optimal Sizing...
- S&P 500 Most Oversold and Overbought Stocks By RSI...
- The Great FAS and FAZ Loss
- Dennis Gartman on BNN: Short Gold
- Earnings Calendar for the Week April 20 to April 2...
- New Citibank Straddles
- S&P 500 PE Tracker
- USO Rollover Report for April
- Cheapest Stocks in the S&P 500 by P/E
- Citibank Straddles and Strangles
- UCO Down Sharply , USO Rollover Ends today, Stradd...
- GM and The Easter Bunny
- Straddles for the Week April 13 - April 17 (optima...
- Natural Gas Inventories Touching 5 year Top of Cha...
- Upcoming Earnings Straddles
- A Night With The Bears - Part II, Roubini says No ...
- A Night With the Bears
- Performance of XLF vs SKF, UYG, FAS, FAZ
- Stock Correlation Tool Released
- USO Rollover
- Alcoa Strangle
- Gold and Silver Straddles Update
- Straddles for the Week April 5-April 9
- Brazil Will Loan To the IMF
- UCO Straddles April 2
- Natural Gas Update
- USO Rollover for April
- FAS FAZ Live Loss-O-Meter
- Quotes from Mark Carney
- Performance of Direxion Leveraged ETFs
- ▼ April (53)
- ► 2008 (59)